COMPUTER NETWORK ARCHITECT SME
POTENTIAL FOR TELEWORK
***Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance REQUIRED***
Job Responsibilities Designs and defines system architecture for new or existing computer systems.
- Document and communicate architecture, estimates, and implementation plans to program stakeholders
- Research, design, test, and evaluate new technologies and solutions. Maintain an organization-wide view of current and future business and architecture to recommend solutions that integrate into the overall architectural vision and strategy
- Subject Matter Expert participates and/or leads design and engineering projects for the customer enterprise network involving the extension and application of advanced engineering and networking principles and concepts.
- Designs and implements computer and information networks, such as local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN), intranets, extranets, and other data communications networks including Software Defined Networks (SDN), Application Analysis, and Quality of Service.
- Performs network modeling, analysis, and planning. Also designs network and computer security measures. Researches and recommends network and data communications hardware and software.
- Experience with multi-vendor Firewalls, multi-vendor switches and routers
- IPv6 engineering implementation experience
- Performs work that will include a variety of complex features and require multi-or interdisciplinary approaches.
- Conducts advanced and state-of-the-art assignments such as network design optimization, technical trade studies, specification of equipment configurations, technology assessment, technology insertion planning, capacity planning, and configuration management.
- Examples of other activities include the following:
o Network architecture and strategic planning
o Evaluate network performance reports and provide network consulting support
o Engineer / re-engineer network consistent with customer service level requirements and approved requirements document (i.e. IPv6, multi-VRF, QOS, etc.)
o Plan logical addressing, redundancy, capacity (logical & physical).
o Provide network design implementation and Tier 4 operations support.
o Provide technical information for, and final technical editing of, all documents and proposals
- Works at an enterprise level and in cross-functional teams to assist with the development of strategic and enterprise plans.
- Must have great, customer-focused, team-oriented communications and consultative skills, be highly accountable, be self-directed and productive with strong work ethic, be willing to show "presence" and availability on IM during business hours
- 5-8 years of related systems engineering experience.
- Experience in the following areas:
o Designing and implementing MPLS/VPN networks
o Designing and implementing SDN
o Designing and implementing Data Centers utilizing Virtual Switching Systems (VSS) and Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
o Knowledge with Tellabs GPON/Optical LAN Networking
Must be able to obtain and maintain a DHS Entry On Duty (EOD)
Successfully Submitted. Thank you!